Next school year, I am taking a gap year. I feel like the last few years I have never put myself first. So this year is all about putting myself first.
What am I going to do?
There are a couple of big things I am going to do:
- Going to Spain for 3 months. I am going to an international school to improve my Spanish. There is an activity program apart from the school. I will be staying in a host family and I am so pumped!
- Working. I am going to work a lot to pay for Spain. But also to save up for later and get more life experience.
- Basketball. I will be playing basketball with a new team. And I am going to train kids under the age of 12 years. Right now I am training the kids on an outside court. It is really exciting because I have trained these kids for 2 years already but then I had to take a break. But its good to be back!
- Getting my drivers license. I am preparing for my test and I’m planning to get it in September.
What do I want to learn?
- Loving myself. I want to learn to love my body and love the way I am.
- Be more independent. After my gap year I am planning on probably moving out.
- Spend less time on a screen. I am already reducing my screen time because I was way to much on my phone. But I want to reduce it more.
The main reason I am going to take a gap year is to enjoy my last few years as a teenager.
Are you taking a gap year after high school? What do you want to study?